Complete Stories of Keira McCormick

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Happy Easter!

I gotta tell ya, Mummy and Daddy are holding out on me. They always have some new trick up their sleeves and they wait and wait and wait to show me their best stuff. The latest revelation occurred Saturday afternoon. I thought it was going to be a normal Saturday of helping Daddy cut the grass, playing outside, and then helping Mummy with dinner, but the 'rents had other plans! They showed me a secret method to color eggs! It was fabulous! Magic I say! Pure magic. We had little cups of different colors and dropped a white egg in, stirred it around a bit, and poof! out came a beautiful colored egg! Yellow was my favorite, but I liked the green ones too.


Mummy and Daddy also showed me how to draw on the eggs with a white crayon and then when you dye the egg your design shows up. I could have designed and colored eggs for hours, but alas, we soon were out of eggs.

On Easter Sunday it was too cold to wear my new Easter dress, but Mummy pulled out a cute dress from last fall that looked nice. When we got to church, the egg hunt had been moved inside because of the cold. All the eggs I found were full of candy! (I have to shout out to my friend Victoria on this: what do parents have against the Tootsie Rolls? I didn't get to eat them either!) In church they had big drums and trumpets that played with the organ. It was loud but fun! Everybody was ringing bells in celebration of Easter. I must confess though, the best part was coloring Easter eggs!

1 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger Da Mole said...

Tootsie Rolls tooo sticky gooey --- says Victoria's Dad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home